Aerobic Decoupling In Real Time

The weekend long ride I found the language you use to code Garmin IQ fields had treated the new smoothing factor as an integer. This meant the calculated decoupling stayed at zero! Not likely for a 5.5 hour ride.

This was today’s ride a quite short one with decoupling only reaching 0.04%. Now that the code treats it as a floating point number.

The smoothing parameters seem about right though I’ve given myself ability to change one of them in the settings whilst I test. A two hour ride on Thu and five hour this Sat will give it another test.

On the Garmin display it rounds to 1 decimal place.

1 Like

Apologies, I’ve been focused on qualifying for Paris Brest Paris. That should be done within the month with just one qualifier (my 600km event) to go. After that I’ll look at what I need to do, to turn this into public beta. Been happy with its output for a while.

Hi Phil,

Have you worked out the kinks and got this ap going? If so, is it available for Garmin Edge users?

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve been busy with a different datafield and haven’t looked at this one for a while. It has been running on my Edge all this time. I’m starting to get back to looking at this one.

Cheers

Phil

1 Like

… he sure has… watch out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@micomico This is now live at Connect IQ Store | Free Watch Faces and Apps | Garmin

This version has a fixed warm up of 10 mins, after which it will baseline your efficiency factor over the next 20 mins. Then it will update your efficiency factor over a rolling 20 min window and compare to your baseline 20 min efficiency factor, and show you your aerobic decoupling in real time. Uses power fir cycling and pace for running.

After you upload your session, you can see a graph of your aerobic decoupling in Connect, and in the stats tab you can see your max aerobic decoupling during the session. I plan to add the min aerobic decoupling to the stats tab as well.

If your device isn’t on the list of compatible devices let me know. If it’s not too old it likely is, just that I haven’t added it.

2 Likes

Could you please add the Forerunner 265?

I shall take a look at adding FR 265.

Hi Phil! Thanks so much for developing this app! I’m not seeing my fēnix 7 in the list of compatible devices. Would it be possible to add it?