"The Longest Ride on the Shortest Day" Solstice Ride for a Clean Energy Future

Big ride for a great cause alert!

Over the past few years, I’ve moved away from competitive cycling and toward commuting by bike as much as possible. (Of course, I also love the occasional gigantic ride or race. More on that in a moment.)

Why so much bike commuting, even in the dark and cold of winter? I want to encourage others to give up their use of cars and gas.

So on December 21, the shortest day of the year, I’ll do my longest ride of the year—a ride from sunrise to sunset. (It’ll be about 9.5 hours.) My ride will benefit the Rocky Mountain Institute, whose mission is to transform global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. If you’d like to support the work of RMI, you can contribute here:

https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/solstice-ride

Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI)’s mission is to transform global energy use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future. RMI engages businesses, communities, institutions, and entrepreneurs to accelerate the adoption of market-based solutions that cost-effectively shift from fossil fuels to efficiency and renewables.

Your donation to Rocky Mountain Institute scales clean energy solutions globally and addresses the urgent climate crisis. Your investment in RMI is helping to create a better planet and a brighter future–one powered by clean, affordable, and reliable renewable energy.

I hope you can help me raise funds for this cause. And please spread the word.

Thanks very much,
Chris