Respiration Rate During Step Test

HR Step Test

-Hard part for me is my endurance on my legs , too much time in each step form me without rest

Based on Smo2 i will said Lt1 around Step 5 , 25min
RR around 20
Hr:Pwr 1 to 1,09
Bpm 120 to 125
Watts 130-145

Lt2 -
Power Start on 200W -
RR 36 -
Smo2 Below 49%
hr:Pwr 1,28
Bpm 155

• So i programmed Watts to be 75/100/125/150/170/190/210/230/250
  • But this will changed based on my HR
    HR , Power , Smo2 os the average of the last min

--------------------Avg Bpm ----RespR x4 -----Avg Power ----Avg Smo2 —HR:Pwr
3min Step 1 ---- 97 ------------16------------------82---------------64---------------0,85
3min Step 2 ---- 108------------20-----------------105-------------65---------------0,97
3min Step 3---- 117------------20------------------125-------------65---------------1,07
4min Step 4— - 123------------20---------------- 134--------------63---------------1,09
4min Step 5---- 133------------24------------------142--------------61---------------1,07
4min Spte 6---- 146------------28------------------177--------------54---------------1,21
4min Step 7---- 156------------32------------------195--------------45---------------1,25
4min Step 8---- 158------------36------------------202--------------41---------------1,28
4miu Step 9---- 166------------36------------------229--------------40--------------1,38

FIT FILE from garmin - Dropbox - 10067384211.zip - Simplify your life

i Did LSCT Test today ,

Thanks for posting. This sensation you feel in the legs is another reason I really like this test :slight_smile:

Will get back with some notes later.

Steve

@braghavata what is your max heart rate?

@braghavata do you have your moxy on .5 second recording?

For Bike i setup 180bpm max , if i recall my Moxy is in Default 2,0 , o record with Vo2master

@braghavata ok thanks.

I would highly recommend setting the moxy up online so that you have .5 second recording of data on the moxy. Then any other software you use can have the best detail you can. It does make a difference when looking at the data.

So the moxy can record in .5 sec increments, and then software (like your garmin at 1s recording gets very smooth data) or my software can go down to .5 sec for raw data.

1 Like

Some Update

Test from 12/01 - 12/14 - 22/12
Note the diffrerence, only in 12/01 i did a Warmup.

So the first Test i need less Watts to increase my HR , and can hold i little bit longer, more steady

But i still have doubts how i can manage my training , every 2 weeks based on this data. OR if see in long term how (if) i improving.

I thinking in see if my RR is keeping lower even in higher Watts , and in the final test i adjusted every Step to 3min - i noticed my Muscle with long steps is worst , without any rest btw. ( like Steve mentin in Podcast about FatMax)

Links with the files no anyone ( i adjusted Moxy for 0,5sec)

Hello @braghavata

Can you please just email the fit files, the extra drop box step is a bit of a hassle.

Also, don’t forget to tag me in these so I don’t miss them.

Steve

@braghavata I went agead and downloaded the files from the post. The latest test has small stops at the end of each step, which the other tests didn’t. This affect the response of the moxy.

Are you trying to define Aerobic Threshold from this latest test?

What is your max heart rate?

Email is “steve – stevenealperformance.com” right?

NOt at all, maybe is because at end of each step is stop to take note of my breath rate , other factor , i do my cycling on Zwift , and press lap button on garmin (the files)

for my max HR , is a little trick, once i got 170HR max on Vo2 max workout, but most of the time is 168 ( max on HR step and Moxy test)

Thanks.

I would try and keep pedaling while taking the notes, I always use my phone which is on my stem, I used to use a big pad with a sharpie so it was easy to write with while riding.

@braghavata

I took a closer look and the steps aren’t even enough to really assess the trend of moxy data.

If you look at the steps as you did them, you can see in these two steps there is a clear change in the power during the step, and the moxy will respond, making it difficult to look at the trend on the fixed power.

Below I took those two steps and splite them in half and you cn see the difference in power and smo2 average.

I know a lot of people use zwift to control their training, but I was never a big fan. For testing I would use a bluetooth app to your training, I think you will get better response.

Thanks , apreciated" maybe because i want to follow HR than Power . The other tests same problem?

Do you think a ERG Mode is ideal? i ask because if i need follow a HR more than watts , this might be a issue.

Happy NEW YEAR GUYS!

1 Like

Hi, ok that makes sense.

For testing, with moxy to define these different training intensities, I would use erg mode, and 4-5m steps.

Then you will have something nice and consistent to be able to track.

You can also do separate power to heart rate step test as we have discussed before, but because you have a moxy I would use the step test by power.

For training I would use the heartrate and/or power and DO NOT use erg mode.

Hope that makes sense.

1 Like