Polarized training: Where is the "real" endurance zone?

If you can try and add Fenix 6 / 7 that would be great once you are sorted.

1 Like

A wee snapshot of something I have been working on for a while.

Athlete identifier within the SNP world, Athlete A, B, C, D

Where each of the zones are relative to the goal.

Going to be a big chapter of the book we have started to work on :slight_smile: finally.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the book. Thanks for recommending Bob Seebohar’s book. I just finished reading Metabolic Efficiency Training. Eye-opening how much decreasing carb intake increases FatMax power level, and so quickly. That nutrition affects it more than aerobic training by a factor of three.

Remember, you aren’t really just thinking about decreasing carb intake.

This is a mistake lots of people make.

You are trying to eat the appropriate amount of protein, then in relation carbs and fat.

When I go through this with athletes, many are eating 40-50% of the protein they should be.

Make sure you understand the protocol, it isn’t about reducing carbs UNLESS you are at 90% of your bodyweight in protein already, which most are not.

Steve

1 Like

Are you looking for Normalised power vs. average heart rate efficiency factor (cycling) for the Fenix or are you looking for average speed vs average heart efficiency (running) to be used in the decoupling calc?

Cycling please. Just use this device 70% of the time over my 1030 so if it can be added that would be great.

Yes, I got that from the book. I meant generally, most people are taking in too much carbs, including me. “Carb up for the training, the race, during training” etc. Since the book, I have decreased carbs. My protein intake per kilo has always been good.
I am glad you made that point. I remember that he emphasizes, because our culture is generally carb heavy, bringing down sugar levels, keeping insulin levels normal, since higher insulin, among other things, affects the function of hormone sensitive lipase, which helps fat oxidation; insulin’s effect on liver function, general health, etc. And the need for a contextual balance, depending on training, between fats, protein, carbs and fiber.