INSCYD Test & Training Plan

I also find TP limiting, but here is what I have come up with to track time at intensity. I have custom charts in WKO5 for analysis that are also not exactly what I would like, l but works well enough for decision making and tracking.

30/30s - yes, I use this intensity year round for masters at a similar intensity as the 350 watts is for you. We progress with minutes at intensity, longer sets and by changing work to rest ratios.

I like at least 1 x 4+ hour Zone 1 ride per 7-10 days if possible for mitochondria and raising VO2. Lowering VLAMAX tends to take riding more frequently and at an intensity hard enough to recruit fast twitch fibers to take on more slow twitch characteristics. Sweet spot (Sub-threshold/Tempo/Medio) tends to be needed in the mix regularly if riding less than 14 hours per week.

4 Likes

Hi @mweber501, sorry to take so long to get back to you. That first week in January was pretty crazy around here.

Hope this answers your questions. In terms of percentages, it’s really hard to say because the difference between a rider’s threshold and VO2max can really vary. For highly developed time trial style riders, their threshold can be upwards of 90 to 95% of their VO2max power, while for a less experienced sprinter, it might only be 70 to 75%.

In terms of adding high intensity, I very much consider the intervals you’re doing to be high intensity intervals. But if you’re asking about a Tabata-style or sprint interval, it’s okay to periodically mix them in to keep the legs sharp. Especially as we get older. But I’d keep it at a couple times per month until you’re ready to really focus on that system.

Thanks!
Trevor

1 Like