Congrats Kendrick!

I wanted to give a shout out to forum memeber @murphyy12 for a great 1st place finish at the Looking Glass Tour 90 miler today. Kendrick has a young family and recently moved across the country. He has a history of crit racing and middle distance road races. He set as a goal to start doing fondos/longer events. With his job, family, training gap during his move, and putting his family and work first (classic “time-crunched” athlete), since the start of the year he worked hard on his endurance while still being able to wok on his crit training - One of his goals is to build upon since he rarely did any rides over 4 hours which will be needed for his fondo goals. I would say along with his result in the Gran Fondo in Georgia a few weeks ago, the top finish today in a 90 milers shows he has been successful and will continue to get stronger (and faster :slight_smile: )!

Congrats Kendrick!

6 Likes

Congratulations @murphyy12! That’s fantastic! Considering you’re time crunched and not used to long events like that, it would have been impressive just to finish well up. But to win is incredible!

3 Likes

Thanks for the shoutout @bgkeen ! Thanks for the kudos @trevor ! I must say I surprised myself and it definitely gives a nice boost to the confidence as I have always doubted my climbing and long-distance abilities. Who knew consistent training would actually pay off?! :wink:

But I can’t let @bgkeen off the hook as he and I have been friends for a few years now and he has graciously taken me on as pupil of his (he is starting to scratch the itch of becoming a coach). Without his guidance I would be a lost puppy when it comes to training. He has really helped me see the value in strength training on top of consistent on the bike training. So THANK YOU, BRIAN!

2 Likes

@murphyy12 @bgkeen That’s really kind words! Having a good mentor/coach can make a world of difference. Glad you’ve had Brian!

2 Likes

Congratulations to @murphyy12 and @bgkeen on your successes! Thanks for reporting on that and looking forward to hearing more about your progress!

2 Likes