100 gm/hour of carbohydrate?

“Dieting on the bike” - I’m stealing this one! Love it! :grin:

That’s a great idea to set yourself the alert. I’ve used alerts like that in races with the only goal of focusing on fueling and timing, except I just happened to be on the bike in a race during that time. Those were some of my best performances.

@steveneal, thanks for sharing. I see in their ingredient list they only show “salt.” I’m guessing they are using sodium chloride, but do you know for sure if they are using that, or perhaps sodium citrate, out of curiosity?

Agree with what you said about the different types of sugars. Some companies are putting it very clearly on the packaging that they use the 2:1 glucose:fructose ratio, which is nice to see as a quick reference when I’m working with an athlete on nutrition. But like you sad when an athlete uses the same product year after year, they’re onto something, regardless of the ratio.

To @smashsquatch’s point above, there will be athletes that have an iron gut and can tolerate basically anything. I worked with a ski mountaineer one season on nutrition, and it was eye opening. You could shove a T-bone steak into his stomach mid-way up a climb and he would have zero negative effects.

1 Like

I will email the person I know there and get more details.

Sadly I think I am one of those people…but then you haven’t seen my in my kit…not pretty.

1 Like