Your workout files into TP

I downloaded the workout files for 4x8 & 5x5, but cant seem to import them into training peaks. Is there a way to do this? or do I just need to build them myself in TP?

thanks

@Humunuku, great question. This actually came up in another thread (5x5 vs 4x8 min threshold intervals and the take-home was this:

1. If you want to use that 4x8 and 5x5 files within TrainingPeaks for future workout planning, you will have to rebuild it within the TP workout builder on your own. It’s odd that you can’t import a file from an external source (even though that file was originally built in my own TP workout builder), so it must be a weird TrainingPeaks thing that they have going on at the moment. For some reason it seems TP doesn’t like having a .FIT file imported without any fitness data (HR, power, etc.).

2. To use that file anywhere else (Zwift, TrainerRoad, etc.) where you would have the software/app control your trainer and you complete that as a structured workout, you can pull in the .FIT, .ERG, etc. files as necessary to their respective platform. As a structured workout, it all works great.

1 Like