Sebastian Weber / INSCYD

Does the lawn adapter come included or is that extra?

Just wanted to make sure that everyone has noticed the photo of the ā€œvacuumizerā€ thatā€™s currently featured in Sebastianā€™s Forum profile image! Amazing!

Dave

2 Likes

Everything about this is so on point.

I donā€™t do a whole lot of lifting. Usually one session a week where I do 4 to 5 sets of slow eccentric barbell squats with a medium weight (135 to 155 lbs - Iā€™m about 182 lbs). I take a couple minutes of rest between sets.

I would have never thought that this could increase my VLAmax, since I donā€™t do explosive or rapid movements.

How would the increase in VLAmax manifest itself in my riding? Iā€™m typically a time trialist type rider (I usually do not respond well to highly stochastic riding, and generally prefer sustained, linear efforts.

I havenā€™t tested VLAmax per se, but while I have good torque, a good ā€œjumpā€ and good 5sec power (in the 1300-1400 range), my sustained efforts in the 20sec to 2 minutes range are pretty subpar for a rider my size.

I would have thought an increase in VLAmax would be detrimental to my endurance performance. How can I tell if this has crept up in my physiological profile?

This paper may helpā€¦

ā€œResistance training increases glycolysis rate regardless of volume load.ā€

The only issue I have with this study is that itā€™s for strength trained athletes, not endurance trained athletes. Itā€™s my understanding that by doing primarily endurance exercise, we canā€™t get the same adaptations strength only athletes get with lifting (e.g. hypertrophy).

Iā€™d be curious to see the effect on endurance athletes. Iā€™d also be curious how timing would affect things (doing it immediately after an endurance workout, 8hr later, before an endurance workout,. Without carbs before / during)

1 Like